We’d like to thank Jeff Haines for sharing his Bassmaster Tournament Patch Collection with us here on the Bass Fishing Archives. Below you’ll find the Tournament Patches for the 1970 Season. Click on the first image to open the gallery.
The 1970 Bassmaster Trail saw Ray Scott increase the number of events again, this time from six to seven. As in the previous year, Scott had a number of previous venues on the schedule but added two new lakes to the mix, Oklahoma’s Lake Eufaula and Table Rock Lake, MO. They would also be heading back to the other Lake Eufaula, but this time since they were launching out of the Georgia side where the lake is known as Walter F. George Reservoir.
Below is the schedule for the 1970 Tournament season.
- Toledo Bend Invitational Bass Tournament, Many, LA – January 29-31
- Seminole Lunker Bass Tournament, Lake Seminole, GA – March 19-21
- Rebel Invitational Bass Tournament, Ross Barnett Reservoir, MS – April 30 to May 2
- Henshall Memorial Bass Tournament, Walter F. George (Eufaula) Lake, GA – June 11-13
- Oklahoma National Bass Tournament, Lake Eufaula, OK – August 5-7
- Texas National Bass Tournament, Lake Sam Rayburn, TX – September 24-26
- All-American Bass Tournament, Table Rock Lake, MO – November 12-14
This season would be Roland Martin’s rookie year on the Trail and also the same season where angler would be fishing for an AOY – although there is some controversy as to how that was decided. For more on that story, go to these links:
As you can see, Jeff Haines has six of the seven patches that were distributed this season. The only missing patch is the Oklahoma National from Lake Eufaula. If anyone out there knows where one may exist, please leave a comment below.